Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Republic of China (Taiwan)Terms of Agreement for the Taiwan Fellowship Program臺灣獎助金承諾書
1. I agree to abide by the laws of the Republic of China (ROC) during my stay in Taiwan. If I commit a crime or engage in misconduct, I shall forfeit the Fellowship.
2. Alterations to the duration of the Fellowship are to be approved of by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) after application is made to an ROC (Taiwan) embassy or representative office.
3. No employment in Taiwan is allowed without the prior approval of the MOFA. However, Fellowship scholars may receive speaker’s fees and teach for pay up to a maximum 4 hours per week.
4. The actual length (in months) of the Fellowship grant will be determined considering the period approved for research, and shall include the dates of arrival in and departure from Taiwan. For each full month in Taiwan (30 days), participants will receive one month’s grant. Travel out of Taiwan during the fellowship shall be limited to short trips, and a leave application form shall be submitted prior to departure with the National Central Library. Travel out of Taiwan for more than 14 days will result in the suspension of the grant for one month.
5. I shall be responsible for all expenses that exceed the Fellowship grant.
6. I understand that the Taiwan Fellowship Program strongly recommends that I obtain health insurance in my home country which will cover my health/medical needs in Taiwan, and the Taiwan Fellowship is not responsible for providing support for my spouses/partners, children, or other accompanying dependents.
7. Within three months of the completion of the program, I shall submit an article or report stemming from my research to the ROC Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
8. Any report, either written or oral, produced from the research conducted during the length of the Fellowship shall refer to the support provided by the Taiwan Fellowship program.